WATERMELON SQUARES COASTERS PATTERN

Watermelon is without doubt my favorite fruit and it has inspired me to design these modern Watermelon squares coasters. Just a fresh, sweet and colorful experiment!

I have something special with watermelons; I can wake up at midnight and just go directly to the fridge looking for some! So it’s not rare that they have inspired me so much in this project. I love its colors!
Sometimes I like to imagine a small project and have it done just in few hours! That’s what happened in this case and truth is that I had a lot of fun!

I know lot of people hate using templates in quilting but for me isn't as bad. So I made some of these coasters using standard templates and as they are just 5.5"×5.5" it wasn't too much time. Also I wanted to try the Paper piecing method in some of them and I was surprised how fast and fun it is!! If there's someone like me that haven’t tried yet, don’t worry I plan to post the tutorial soon!
I hand quilted the Watermelon squares using red, green and white cotton thread. I enjoy hand quilting and I like the way it looks. Even if you do your best while hand quilting, always there are beautiful imperfections that surprisingly at the end I find indispensables!
So if you are looking for a small and fun project here you have the Watermelon squares free pattern! They are so cute and easy to make that you and your guests will love them! In this PDF you will find the templates to make two different models of watermelon squares, fabric diagrams and also the paper piecing templates for those who already know the method (be sure to print it at 100%). Enjoy!

This pattern is for personal use. Do not copy or sell it but feel free to share always linking this source: sewing-lab.blogspot.com. Thank you!


9 comments:

  1. Fun project! Do you know you appear as no-reply. There is an easy fix for example> http://anyonecandecorate.blogspot.cz/2012/09/are-you-no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vera!! I had no idea of this! Thank u for alert me and for your helpful links!! I think the problem is fixed now but I am new here and I will need a master to understand the google plus profile :)

      Delete
  2. You also have the word verification on. To make it easier for others to comment here's tip for you> http://www.geekalicious.co.uk/2012/09/turn-word-verification-off.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like these and although I'm not a paper piecer I'm going to give these a try.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete