SQUAWK!


Hi everyone!
Today I am really excited because I want to share the fabric design I've been working on the past week. I've submitted it to the Connecting Threads fabric design contest under the name of Squawk!
During couple weeks all the fabric designs are displayed on the Connecting Threads website and everyone can vote for their favorite! Do you like Squawk!? :)

My first fabric design: Squawk!

I've wanted to design a fabric collection since some time ago, but I had no idea how to start! 
I started getting inspired, and nothing inspires me more than the beautiful California. I had clear I wanted to focus my fabric collection on my personal experience in California. Maybe not focusing too much in the representative icons of California but more in what makes me feel alive of living there.
I visualized an entire collection in my mind and I started drawing. I used to draw years ago and I cannot describe in words how great makes me feel drawing again!


Some weeks ago while reading one of my favorite blogs Freshlemonsquilts I knew about the Connecting Threads fabric design contest. At first I thought it was impossible to have a decent design ready to send but I tried and I did it! I submitted my design the last day that the contest was open but I think the effort is worth! I've had a lot of fun and also I've learned so much…Photoshop!



Hope you like seagulls! I enjoy observing them during my morning visits to the beach. If you like my Squawk! design I will appreciate your vote! The voting period is open from now until September 2, and then 5 finalists will be selected and asked to submit other fabric designs that support the collection in order to determine the winner. To vote just enter on the Connecting Threads fabric design contest! My design is listed in the characters/animals category!

Let's enjoy the contest!!  

*Update: I am a finalist of the Connecting Threads Fabric Contest! You can read the story here and here
To see the supporting prints I have submitted to the contest go here!

37 comments:

  1. Well done for putting in the entry, best of luck with the voting, I love the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fabric is so cute!! It's such a great shade of pink too! Good luck in the competition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute design. Good luck in the contest. And thanks for linking to really random Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your link on "My Romantic Home". I am an artist and have thought about some of my designs becoming fabric ideas in the past. Years ago I did some designs for a place mat company but never went any further. Your Squawk design is fabulous, what a great idea for a child's bedroom or some quirky cushions. I absolutely love it....let me know how you get on in the competition. I have some contacts with a few designers who have their own interior shops, maybe they would be interested in your designs if you end up with a small range of printed fabric.

    Keep up the great work, let the inspiration flow. I remember watching Oprah once and it was about Entrepreneurial women who had great success, she asked them why their ideas were successful yet others have ideas and they don't have success. They all said, because lots of people have ideas but don't carry them out, we carried ours out. I believe this and I believe in your design so keep going :)

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lee!! Thank u very much for your supportive comment! It's awesome to fins people out there like u that encourage me to keep working and pursuing my dreams.

      I will keep designing fabrics and I hope to see my collection printed someday not too far.For sure I will let u know!




      Delete
  5. Congratulations..........gorgeous fabric . Love it Thanks for sharing. Stopping by from Crazy Mom Quilts
    Marie (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on designing fabric! I can't wait to see your next design!!! Thank you for linking up to TGIFF and good luck in the competition over at Connecting Threads!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great fabric design! I voted for you and I'll buy a yard when it's printed. Let me know:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jamie! I'm glad u like it!! I'm looking forward to see great projects done with this fabric! :)

      Delete
  8. Your design is really fun! Great job! Would love to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!! That is so exciting & such a dream! Love the quirky print....and the name!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful design! I am off to check it out!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete