HEDGEHOG BABY QUILT & TOWEL

Hi everyone! How is your Thursday going so far?

I've been busy taking lots of pictures of my new baby quilt! As I said in my last post I love the fabrics I picked for this one!

The blue dots, the blue chevron stripes and the thin stripes are from the fabric collection Happi by Dena Fishbein. I just love it! Could a fabric be more colorful and fun for a baby quilt? :) My favorite is the blue chevron one! 

The orange chevron is from the fabric collection Matilda by Alice Kennedy! I like how well this orange fabric looks with the others. 

As I included two fabrics with chevron stripes I decided It would be nice to use the blue dots fabric to sew a pair of chevron stripes with white background. I like white backgrounds because they enhance the beauty of the fabrics. For the rest of the quilt I've sewn fabric stripes of different widths. 

For the back I've chosen a beautiful aqua fabric with an small geometric pattern. I think it's perfect for this quilt because it compensates the colorful and bright top.

I've machine quilted this quilt making straight lines near the seams and also I have quilted it around the printed chevron stripes! It adds a wonderful texture!



For the binding I've also used the orange chevron fabric by Alice Kennedy. Who would say that aqua and orange would look so well together! Love mix and experiment with fabrics!

Binding is double for extra durability and I always hand stitch it on the back. It's one of my favorite steps because with each stitch you can see more about the finished quilt.

You may be thinking at this point why I named hedgehog this quilt, right? I always tend to buy more fabric than needed to make a quilt. My worst fear is running out fabric when making a quilt! So this time I thought I should do something else with these fabrics.

Don't ask me why but I ended up making a fabric hedgehog! I used yellow felt to add extra spikes! isn't it cute? I also decided to make a hooded baby towel and I hand sewn a patchwork applique on the hood, of curse it was a Hedgehog! :)












Let's take a last a look to the whole baby set :)

I have no kids yet but I enjoy making baby quilts anyway! It is so much fun!


You can find the pattern for making this quilt either on my Etsy shop or on Craftsy! The pattern also includes templates and detailed step by step instructions for making the matching stuffed fabric hedgehog! 

Have a great day!

Ingrid


This quilt has been featured!!
The Crafty Blog Stalker
homeworkScattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom

39 comments:

  1. How cute!! Love the colors and the hedgehog is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours in the quilt and the hedgehog is really cute. What great baby gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is gorgeous, and the whole hedgehog set is too die for!! Love it!
    Well done!!
    susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. the whole thing is completely adorable! and such great colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That it adorable, super cute and dare I say it again.. ADORABLE!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omigah how adorable is that hedgehog?! Such a lovely gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love what you did. The quilt is adorable, so impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bravo! Love the quilting on the blanket...just enough! And, of course, this speaks hedgehog...what else?! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute set! I really like the quilt, and the little hedgehog is adorable! Great colors!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colours and patterns that you chose, it is so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those colors ! I adore orange as a rule , so it had me from the get go !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for your comment helping me with my no reply thing!! I had no clue! It was so nice of you to take the time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful quilt and your little hedgehog is so precious! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh How cute! That hedgehog just puts a smile on your face. Love the colors in your quilt too! Tweol, quilt and hedgehog makes for a nice gifty combo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my gosh, that hedgehog is so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. such cute colors! i totally want to get in to quilting:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are so talented! A beautiful baby set. Good luck with "Squawk".

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your sweet little towel and quilt set! The hedgehog is just way to cute.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my! You are so amazing! Putting in all that hard work with that quitl, and then those hedgehogs... I wonder if people appreciate your detailing....
    I am impressed, girl!
    Good work...
    :)
    hugs x, Crystelle
    Crystelle Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it! I have a secret obsession with the hedgehog! So glad to see him getting the most adorable shout-out. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love how you quilted the orange chevron-y print!! Cute quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just wanted to let you know that I featured your wonderful project on homework. Thanks so much for sharing it on The Inspiration Board. Have a great weekend!

    carolyn
    homework &
    DETAILS

    ReplyDelete
  23. Replies
    1. Hi Kris! I'm working on it. The pattern will be available soon! :)

      Delete
  24. Love all the different patterns combined into one little quilt = Precious

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the colours in the quilt and the hedgehog is really cute. What great baby gifts.

    low price t shirts wholesale
    wholesale white t shirts

    ReplyDelete