SQUAWK! IS BACK

Today I have good news!

Do you remember the fabric design Squawk! that I submitted a month ago or so to the Connecting Threads fabric design contest? Well, it was very close to be one of the five finalists but I finally had a 6th position. Few days ago the Connecting Threads team contacted me and told me that one of the finalists had been disqualified and If I was still interested in being one of the finalists. Unbelievable right? Of course my response was YES! So I guess I am a finalist now, I am still shocked about it! I have to submit my supporting prints no later than October 30th.  Luckily I have been working on my designs anyway so I have half work done!

You can see all the finalists on the Connecting Threads website! They have also randomly picked a 6th finalist to add an element of surprise to the contest. You can also check their blog because the next month they will be posting bios about the designers and details about the additional prints. They will be talking about my collection on November 4th!! I am looking forward to share with you the rest of the collection! :)

My fabric design: Squawk!



You can read older posts about my design here and here
*Update: To see the supporting prints that I have submitted to the contest go here.

Leaving apart all the contest excitement, today I also want to share the fabrics of the quilt I am working on. It's a beautiful baby quilt and I think the fabrics I picked are really fun! I love these fabrics because they are suitable for both a baby boy and a baby girl.


The dots, chevron stripes and thin stripes are from the fabric collection Happi by Dena Fishbein. Love it! It's very cheerful and sweet! The last orange fabric in the picture is from the fabric collection Matilda by Alice Kennedy. I know it's not appreciable in the picture but it's a modern chevron fabric! You will see it better on the quilt! Coming soon!

And finally today I want to share a beautiful Pumpkin candy case made using the Pumpkin candy case tutorial I posted last week! 

Tamara Jung has sent me these pictures this morning and what can I say, her version rocks!! Isn't it? I love the colors she picked, specially I like how well looks the liner in white and of course the Scottish plaid print for the trunk!! Beautiful!!

Please check out her blog at ratamaa.blogspot.de to know more about her work! Thank you so much Tamara for letting me share this amazing pumpkin! 



Click the image below to see a detailed step by step tutorial with lots of photos to make your own Pumpkin candy case! Let's get ready for Halloween! 

If you make one I would love to see photos and share them here in my blog!


Happy Tuesday!

Ingrid

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful news and great fabrics, Ingrid! Can't wait to see that baby quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those fabrics!! The seagull is adorable and I love the baby quilt fabrics. The pumpkin is adorable!! Great news Ingrid!! Stopping by from Quilt Story's linky party. Here is what I shared this week: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.com/2013/09/aragon-test-pattern-and-happy-fall.html
    Stop by when you have a moment, because I posted a few other things I have sewn recently. Also, I am following you on Pinterest and BlogLovin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on making the top 5! Fabulous print!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the finalist position! I loved that print of the Seagulls when you posted about it. Can't wait to see what you come up with for supporting fabric designs. Have a little fun with the birds and put one in that's 'bobbing' under water. They always make me laugh. Nice colors for the baby quilt, I'm seeing a lot more parents doing the neutral colors for nurseries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Squawk is really neat! Tamara did a beautiful job on the pumpkin too! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete