QUILT & PATTERN

Hey! A while ago I shared with you a sneak peek and an inspirational board of the "spring project" I was working on, finally, today I can show you the whole thing! I feel relieved as it also has a summer vibe :)
I used the fabric line Rapture by Pat Bravo, this line is amazing to work with, so full of color! I also used a lot of white fabric for the background which really enhanced the beauty of the fabrics and the pattern. 


I ended up making a matching cushion cover with the remaining half square triangle units, no white background here, all color! It was so fast and easy to make.



For the back I chose a white and lemon striped fabric, I simply love how it looks here, bright and fresh! For the binding I went with a floral fabric, of course it had to be turquoise. 

I am in love with this quilt, I feel it's very me, probably because of the colors, the turquoise is driving me crazy lately...:)

I found this project was really fun to make, so lately I've been working on a pattern for this quilt. Like in my last pattern, I've drawn all the step by step illustrations you will find on the pattern, which has been a lot of fun also this time. The pattern is meant to guide you along the whole quilt making process in a pleasant way! Plus, it comes with an additional tutorial with all you need to know to make your own matching cushion cover.


You can find the Sunset quilt pattern on either my Etsy shop or on Craftsy.

The Sunrise quilt is on sale, you can see here the listing details!


Have a great weekend!

Ingrid




35 comments:

  1. this is a very pretty quilt with fantastic colors. I especially like the dainty binding fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both the quilt and pillow are lovely. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this pattern and the fabric choices are just great! I'm looking for a pattern that would make some scrappy HSTs into something great. I'm going to keep this one in mind. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I love the lemon striped backing especially!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your fabric choices, they are so fresh. The quilt really does have a lovely spring vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! The Sunrise quilt is gorgeous! I am in love with turquoise, too. It is such a calming colour. Great job on both the quilt and the cushion, Ingrid!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, thanks so much for sharing on craft schooling sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Amazing work! Thanks for sharing.
    Hope you have a wonderful day!
    Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful - I'm in awe of this kind of talent ( I can't even sew a hem !!! )
    Visiting from Homework
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. so pretty! I love the fabric choices, the quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The binding looks great, it looks quite wide - what width do you usually cut your binding strips? Great photos, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful quilt...Love it!!!
    Very nice pictures too.:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Muy bonita! Fresh, summery, and the pictures are gorgeous too! beso

    ReplyDelete
  14. just gorgeous!!! I love the colors and both the quilt and the cover. Congrats on the pattern too! thanks so much for linking up to Create Link Inspire. You are featured today on Nap-Time Creations. Come check it out! Emily

    ReplyDelete
  15. This pattern is so fresh and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love! I am trying to find the perfect pattern for some new fabrics I won and this may fit the bill perfectly! Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete